There has been rumours for a while now of new maps and game modes, ever since the EA Test server was spotted running some interesting looking things. It now appears that the two recently announced (but not really, these are the official statements, which were accidentally posted, the official word will likely come in the next few days) booster packs are behind the new content.
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike
The PAC (Pan Asian Coalition) has secretly moved into northern and central Europe, using abandoned urban areas to establish new strongholds. Intense close-quarters warfare awaits the EU forces when they mobilize troops for a full-force assault to claim back their land. The Battlefield 2142: Northern Strikeâ„¢ Booster Pack brings all-out infantry-focused battles into new snow-covered battlegrounds across Europe.
Three new maps provide the setting for the Booster Pack. High up in the Alps the EU uses launch pods to launch an assault on a PAC Titan docking harbor on the map Port Bavaria. Bridge at Remagen, the scene for one of WWIIâ€™s major battles, is once again the setting for intense battles as both sides fight to secure the bridge. Finally, night has fallen when the EU launches their assault on the city in the Liberation of Leipzig..
Battlefield 2142: Infantry Storm offers an asymmetrical vehicle set-up with one new vehicle available to each army. The heavy IFV Goliath is a massive, slow-moving firing platform available to the EU, the attacking side, only. It is used to provide cover, as well as health and ammunition, to nearby infantrymen. The fast-moving hovering light IFV Speeder, available to the defending PAC only, is an efficient vehicle killer when staffed by a well coordinated pilot/gunner team.
With ten new unlocks, also available in the core game, and ten new awards, Battlefield 2142: Infantry Storm offers unprecedented persistence for a Booster Pack and makes the Battlefield 2142 experience deeper than ever before.
The epic Titan mode introduced in Battlefield 2142 is available on two maps, and for the first time in an urban setting. All maps also feature Conquest mode with a tweaked Conquest Assault set-up, in which the attacking army (the EU) now has to conquer all control points before taking the enemyâ€™s main base. Welcome to the future of war!
- Fastâ€“paced, infantry-focused gameplay boosts the intensity of the all-out war experience.
- Three new maps set in Europe, where snow-covered post-apocalyptic cities and a ridge in the Alps become the new battlegrounds.
- Two brand-new vehicles designed to support infantry combat available in an asymmetrical set-up, with the hovering light IFV Speeder available to the PAC and the massive heavy IFV Goliath available to the EU.
- Increased persistence. Ten new rewards and ten new unlock items at the top of the unlocks trees, available also on core game maps, take persistence to new levels. Unlock credits earned in the booster pack can also be used in the core game.
- Epic Titan mode available on two maps, and for the first time in a urban setting, for more intense Titan gameplay.
- Tweaked Conquest-assault gameplay (Assault Lines game mode) on all three maps creates more choke points and more heated battles.
- New use of pods gives infantry additional ways of moving across the maps quickly
As you can see these should give new maps, new weapons, new vehicles, new game modes and new awards. The crazy looking assault mode looks like a nice change, and the titan battle in an urban setting and a night map all should be a nice change! Shall keep you up to date with these and other exciting 2142 news as I find out about it!