There have been a couple of updates to the steam programs, both of which look promising.
The first is to do the the Source SDK, and it looks like it fixes a lot of the bugs and crashes that many mod makers were experiencing, so hopefully more mods will come out faster!
New SDK Features
- High Dynamic Range lighting now supported in the tools
- Day of Defeat: Source support now included
- New Hammer Editor features:
- VGUI Model browser with real-time 3D view
- Map autosave/backup
- Model and displacement rendering in 2D views
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes
Head over to the Valve Developers wiki for more info.
The next update concerns Counter Strike Source mainly, the new map cs_militia has been released!
- Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
- Fixed player name crash exploit
- Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
- Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
- Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
- Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to “buymenu”
- Detail props sway in the breeze now
- Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
- Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
- Hostages and Bots obey NAV_MESH_NO_HOSTAGES
- Added FCVAR_CHEAT to some cvars in the materials system
Do the usual – restart Steam – to get these updates.